Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bordering on "Silliness"

With the help of very dedicated volunteers sent to us by God, year one of the 2-year Catechism Revisited Program (CRP) is now available on DVDs. The inaugural sale of the CRP DVDs was launched last weekend with the help of Fountain of Love and Life (FLL) and its volunteers, through the FLL network of distribution. 

People don't always take the time to give us their feedback. But when they do, it's a gesture we always appreciate, whether their comments are favourable or unfavourable. Yesterday we received one email from a person who bought the CRP DVDs. It was a very special email. I thought I should share it with the readers of this blog. I had the email sender's approval to publish it on condition of anonymity. Here it goes, followed by my reply:

From: [Deleted]
To: edmondlo@cmccbsp.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 8:23 PM
Subject: Re: CRP DVD


Hi Edmond,

I listen to all CRP and BSP lectures on website and find it very valuable and it enhances my bible knowledge (I also downloaded all programs on ipod and keep listening on transit).  More important, I find bible reading very interesting.  I have completed reading the entire bible early this year and now I am re-reading it.  I am so happy the CRP is now on DVD and am very excited to watch it once I bought it last Sunday.  I truly thank the FLL and your efforts in promoting the bible study and hope more programs can be on DVD in future.
This is my reply:


Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. It was very encouraging - actually I was overjoyed - to know that you ENJOY reading the Bible after listening to CRP and BSP, which really is all we can hope for because our ultimate goal in conducting the two programs is to help our participants understand and appreciate better the revealed word of God. I'd also like to thank you for your strong support of the two programs, whether it be your downloading of our audio clips or your purchasing of our DVDs.

Yes, we will continue to produce more DVDs/CDs. At least we want to get the DVDs for CRP Part II done. By God's grace, CRP Part I has been very well-received so far. We take this as an affirmative sign from God that we are on the right track, and that DVD/CD production is an effective way to extend the reach of CRP and BSP one step further to include many parishioners who otherwise will not be able to join. It's all for the good of evangelization and for the building up of the Kingdom of God.

In addition to the Planning Committees of the two programs and the FLL who made the production and distribution of the DVDs possible, I'm copying this also to the attention of [names of 3 CRP volunteers] - three very valuable volunteers whose technical expertise and hard work have made it possible for people like you to benefit from our DVDs/CDs and websites.

In spite of all the people mentioned above, myself included, God is the only One who can take credit for whatever results the programs have achieved. For "Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it" (Psalm 127:1). I truly believe that it's the Holy Spirit who is doing all this work in your heart. Downloading ALL audio files onto iPod, listening to them while on transit - probably over and over again, watching the DVDs with excitement - that sounded a lot like me when the Holy Spirit ignited a fire in my heart to kick start a lengthy and life-changing conversion! No, it wasn't exactly an iPod that I used - only a lousy cassette player. DVD was unheard of back in the early nineties. But, hey, the "silliness" sounds familiar! The work of the Holy Spirit is unmistakable! I pray that He would continue to do His work in you until you are totally on fire and fully consumed to become a sweet-smelling oblation in holocaust (cf. Numbers 15:3), worthy of being accepted as a sacrificial offering to God!

Peace and blessings,
Edmond

No comments:

Post a Comment